Thursday, March 29, 2007

I am unwillingly back in Iowa. If I could have stayed in Florida just a little bit longer I totally would have. I left the sun and 80 degree weather and came back to cold & rainy Iowa. Oh well, it could be a lot worse, at least there isn't snow. It was sunny for all but 1 day while down there which equaled afternoons either on the beach or by the pool. I got a nice tan, a little too red one day so I just rented an umbrella for the following day at the beach.
We road tripped to Miami one afternoon and I got to see the real ocean (not the gulf) for the first time. We also got to see the Miami Ink (for those that watch TLC) tattoo shop and we drove down A1A (beachfron avenue!) from the song Ice Ice Baby. South Beach Miami was really neat, we walked along an area that is a historic art deco distict. The architecture and colors were to die for. I wish I would have taken more pictures in that area.
Being on Sanibel island we were surrounded by many older and retired people, most of whom drive annoying PT Cruisers which now makes me think back to a couple episodes of The Soup (Katie, you are probably the only one that knows what I am talking about).

One man we witnessed actually talking people out of parking next to his Cruiser! Insane.


Here are a few pictures from the week.

The big house we stayed in


Sunset by Naples Pier

A1A

Yep, I bought a pair. Had to after realizing I forgot to pack flip flops

The friends I traveled with. Missy, Aaron, & Joni

No comments: