1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like most yarns, I can usually find a purpose for most anything. I love love love chunky harns, especially if they are hand spun. I also like soft yarns for baby knits. I do not like* fun fur or any of the like. *hate
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a home sewn case for most of my straight needles and a case the my circulars came in, all of the random needles go in a mason jar on my book shelf.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting on and off for about 3 years, I taught myself through some books, also had the assistance of our knitting groups “master knitter”. I would consider my skill level intermediate. I love trying new techniques just to see if I can do it.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yep, Amazon, right here.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Anything clean smelling, fruity, and flowery (though nothing too strong). Oooo and anything fall smelling!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a huge sweet tooth which is why it is so hard for me to be on this dang diet! I can have sugar free candy but it just isn’t the same. My down fall is reese’s peanut butter cups and the reese’s holiday pumpkins, trees, hearts, etc. I can have sugar free gum, does that count? I have been chewing a lot of Orbit.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I make hand bound journals, address books, photo albums, etc. I also do calligraphy. I have started to get into some scrapbooking, I love all the fun papers and embellishments. I do not spin, maybe some day.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like pretty much everything. 80s, indie, country, pop. Some of my current favorites are Waking Ashland, Holly Brook, Missy Higgins, & The Fray
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like earthy colors a lot. I like most everything, though I am not a big fan of yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am newly married (as of September 23!) and we have a chocolate lab mix named Penny
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear all but ponchos. It gets cold in these parts! Thinking about making fingerless gloves for work since it is like working in a refrigerator.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
My favorite items to knit would have to be baby and kid knits. The patterns are cute and usually go pretty fast. I also have knitted a couple of toys for our dog.
13. What are you knitting right now?
An afghan that I have been working on for 2 years for my hubby (I really need to finish that). And I am also making a cut little baby hat with ear flaps for a friend’s baby.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Love love love handmade gifts!!!!!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I really like my circulars though I am fine knitting with straights as well. I have some of each. I like plastic the least, bamboo are nice and I am fine with aluminum too.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 years, see Q# 13.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love Thanksgiving & Christmas. I love making the Thanksgiving dinner, have been doing that for the past 4 years. And I love decorating for Christmas!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect supplies for my various hobbies, I really need to be more organized. I love anything that has to do with the Rat Pack or wine.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I need to find a pattern for fingerless gloves/mittens. I am determined to make some either this fall or winter. Anything baby/kid related as far as patterns/pattern books go. Oooo or some patterns for dog sweaters. Hubby doesn’t think the dog needs clothes but I do!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I don’t know how to knit socks, so I have been thinking about that. And someday I hope to be brave enough to try cables, but they seem a pit scary
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Nope. I wear a size 7 ½
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)