1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I am fairly new to knitting and only use nicer yarns when I know I can make something well. I like anything soft, though I touched some baby alpaca yarn this past weekend and my jaw dropped.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I do not spin but I do crochet
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? the ones I am currently using are in the bag I keep my project in, the rest are in a mason jar. I tried to make a roll up case once but it turned out very ugly.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting a little over a year (with a short break in the summer). I would consider myself an advanced beginner.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an Amazon list
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like fruity smells, lilac, lavender, most anything but cucumber melon
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Holy bovine, yeah!!! I love me some sweets. I love those peanut butter pumkins, trees, and eggs that Reese's puts out at holiday time. Anything that is peanut butter and chocolate. I also love gummi bears! No white or dark chocolate though.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I make hand bound books on the side and also do calligraphy
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like most anything. I love mix cds and yes I can handle MP3s.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I like all colors, I especially like pinks
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am living with my fiance (will be married in September) We are currently in the running to adopt a lab puppy and just got a great offer on a kitty wanting a new home, so maybe we will have 2 new pets by the end of the weekend.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear all but ponchos, I have a ton of scarves I made and a couple of hats, I haven't been brave enough to make mittens though.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Anything soft. I recently saw some wonderful colorful chunky yarn that I love but don't know what I would make with it.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? anything scratchy or the eyelash stuff, yuck.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Though I am only working on my first piece of children's clothes I love it. I am fancinated with all of the cute sweaters there are for kids.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? see above, and animals.
17. What are you knitting right now? a lavender cardigan for a 3 year old.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? heck yeah!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? either. I just got a set of changable circulars.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? bamboo or aluminum.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? nope, neither.
22. How did you learn to knit? by a book and a friend.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? about 1 year old.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I like cats and dogs, no favorite animated character really.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!
26. Is there anything that you collect? yarn! and wedding decorations
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? none
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? anything on knitting childrens clothes, the second stitch n bitch book. Any soft pretty yarn.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? how to make cables & socks.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am not a sock knitter, I have small to medium feet, I wear size 7 1/2 shoe.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) August 25