Thursday, September 29, 2005

Home again, home again



I made it back. I hiked 18.3 miles. I drove over 1500 miles. I bought home made maple syrup. Hiked to the highest point in Minnesota. Had Sven & Ole's pizza. Watched a friend attempt to eat a flapjacks bigger than her head. Hot dogs, doritos, and Leinenkeugels by the campfire. New hiking shoes. Lake Superior. Perfect weather. Maple trees. And I didn't get eaten by any bears. Overall it was a good trip, tiring but good. The autumn colors are beautiful in late September along the north shore in Minnesota. When I drive down the Gunflint trail every fall it seems like not a day has passed since I was last there. Things up there are calm. No need to rush. Nearly every car carries a canoe. Oh, it is glorious, simply wonderful and how I can't wait to go back.

No comments: