Thanks to my grandma our house could have been in flames last night. Grandma had given me a potato bag to make a baked potato in the microwave. I followed the directions exactly and 6 minutes into the cooking there were some not-so-good smells coming from the microwave. I pulled out the bag, tried to open it and smoke came pouring out. I opened the window and again attempted to open the bag but the smoke was too overpowering. So I took the bag out back into the chilly dark. I mananged to dump the potato out which was wrapped in a paper towel like the directions said and that is when I noticed the bag was on fire. Not flaming but burning reddish orange like kindling of campfire does. I couldn't believe it. I picked it up and yelled at hubby to look out the window at the potato bag I was holding and he yelled back to put it out. I dropped it and contemplated how to put it out since I didn't have shoes on. I found a good sized rock and hit at the burning bag. It was then that I remembered my potato. I unwrapped the potato and lo and behold it wasn't burnt! I brought it inside and it was completely cooked, so I ate it! Needless to say I threw the bag away and couldn't stop thinking about if I had been home alone and left the potato alone to cook, it could have been disasterous!
In other news having a mother-in-law that works for a landscaping company means free bulbs and some sweet deals. She gave me some paperwhite bulbs to grow for the holiday season! They are just starting out, I am hoping to keep you updated on their progress.