Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Secret Pal 6

Hello all secret pal friends! Well here it is:


1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I am not a snob and it is not all the same. I do use my fair share of RH and LB.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don't spin but I do het crochet

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) no allergies but don't like the smell of smoke

4. How long have you been knitting? I am a bit new, only have been knitting for about a year.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? right here.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love lilac!!! I also like fruity flavors, berries, clean smells (think clean clothes). No cucumber melon!

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? I answer this as I pop tootsie rolls and laffy taffys in my mouth.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I do quite a lot of hand bookbinding and calligraphy. I make wedding guestbooks and journals. I have done my fair share of soap and candle making.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like almost anything. Depends on my mood. Yes to MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I like earth tones, browns and greens especially. I am also a pink kind of gal.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have been living with my boyfriend since June. We have no pets though I have been pestering him for a cat.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) I would love to work from home doing bookbinding. I also would like to work on my cooking and become a traveler like my grandparents.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? It depends what I am working on. I absolutely love the yarns at Hello yarn

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? That icky eyelash stuff.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I found a book that has a few cute animals in it. Nothing hard. I would love to learn how to felt.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I am on an animal kick

17. What are you knitting right now? a little birdie

18. What do you think about ponchos? we have a love/hate relationship. I made one last winter b/c I was told it was easy. They only look good on certain people which is why I only wear mine around the house (though I think it is currently in my car trunk)

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? either, depends on the project.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? all.

21. Are you a sock knitter? nope. scares me.

22. How did you learn to knit? internet and the book Knitting Pretty. Then studied briefly under Master Knitter Amy.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? about 6 months

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? don't know if this counts but I enjoy this (the 2004 stuff) and this


25. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving, I love cooking the big meal for my family.

26. Is there anything that you collect? The question should be is there anything you don't collect. Being an artist it is hard for me to get rid of stuff. I have tons of different papers.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? none.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? I don't have either Stitch n Bitch books. Anything about bookbinding especially those by Keith Smith

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? Anything easy. Fun animals and purses/bags

No comments: